IPD 5.00% 8.4¢ impedimed limited

New Coverage for Lymphedema Through Medicare...

1. 148 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    New Coverage for Lymphedema Through Medicare (triagecancer.org)

Worth looking a bit more into the lymphedema treatment act??? I remember when it came through thinking it would have a big impact on total US populations access to garments/decongestive therapy etc. But I didn't consider it as a possible direct impact on impedimed. But looking at this, this may explain why many states are making it compulsory for insurers with medicare plus to cover bioimpedence (I've seen this quite a bit in insurance companies listing). Looking at this article (I haven't looked at the whole formal act) "Other devices determined to be effective in the prevention or treatment of lymphedema" should be covered. You'd think BIS/SOZO would be included in this considered it is NCCN recommended. See some of the article below.

What is the Lymphedema Treatment Act?

After many years of advocacy efforts, on December 23, 2022, Congress passed the Lymphedema Treatment Act, to make compression garments more accessible to lymphedema patients.

Passed with strong bipartisan support, the law expands Medicare Part B coverage to include:

• Standard and custom-fitted gradient compression garments that are prescribed by a doctor to treat lymphedema; and
    • Other devices determined to be effective in the prevention or treatment of lymphedema.

The new law will go into effect on January 1, 2024.

For the full text of the law, visit S.1315 – Lymphedema Treatment Act.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.4¢
Change
0.004(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $169.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.1¢ 8.4¢ 8.0¢ $256.5K 3.159M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200000 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 121194 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.3¢
  Change
0.004 ( 3.75 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.2¢ 8.4¢ 7.9¢ 1002631
Last updated 15.59pm 15/05/2024 ?
IPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.