Clawback Clarification Apparently the 20% Clawback from Broker...

1. 5,049 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    Clawback Clarification
    Apparently the 20% Clawback from Broker Firm Offer if that happens, is not meant to take the shares from us and give it to the instos. Brokers actually get more commission to give it to their clients compared to Instos! In the RoadShow Presentations the Management are presenting that as a plus to the shareholders!!! Confused, not just us, even the JLM's can't totally understand the theory behind this. One JLM just told me that it is extremely unlikely the Clawback will take place. If that happens, it would only be If the markets were totally in a crash state, so the Feds can hold a stake ( This is the stake they were talking about in the prospectus i.e.: they reserve the right to keep a % of the IPO Shares.). Its because to cause an orderly market, but the JLM told me that as the following 3 things happen on the same day
    1. Final Price Announcement : So the Feds as the Bookrunner ,knows how deep they want to cut the instos to creat demand after the open
    2. Conditional Trading Starts
    3. Any Clawback Announcement also due on the same day the 25th Nov : They could also do this Clawback on top of the Institutional Squeeze so the Shares could fly on Open and then the Government can sell these Clawed back shares at a higher price.
    So This Clawback Politicking if it happens could be good or bad ; Good as the SP will fly Bad as we lose 20% of our allotment

Interesting days ahead Folks!!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.