RAC 0.57% $1.75 race oncology ltd

Medical / Clinical Discussions, page-9

1. 2,642 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10116
    @EddyG yes it makes good scientific sense to look at using Bisantrene to treat MRD in other leukemias and we even have good evidence from the historical trials that Bisantrene works in leukemias beyond AML, but we only have so much resources and it would not be a good use of shareholder funds to run dozens of trials at once.

The MRD trial will be focused on the response rate, but the patients will also be tracked by the genetic markers they had before treatment (whole genome sequencing). We may well find that Bisantrene works well for patients with certain genetic markers and not at all for others. The only way to answer this question is to run the trial. My hypothesis is since Bisantrene is a broad chemo drug that it will work across more AML sub-types than the more narrowly targeted drugs, but this only something that can be proven in the clinic - many great ideas have failed when tested in living patients.

I am sure that if Bisantrene works for AML and is approved that researcher will try it in other cancers off-label. This is exactly what has happened with every other new anti-cancer drug in the past and there is no reason to think Bisantrene would be any different.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.75
Change
0.010(0.57%)
Mkt cap ! $298.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.73 $1.83 $1.73 $272.0K 152.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9998 $1.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.79 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.