medical insurance rebate due to be cut, page-11

1. 13,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    CPG said

"These rich arent rich but just the middle class working hard to get ahead. They join Private health care to take the burden off other taxpayers and to get speedy service."

ROFL

You make out the rich to be completely altruistic, only paying private health care to take the burden off other taxpayers. Personally, I only took out private insurance because the government started slugging me with an extra 1% in tax and I found I was better off having private insurance even if I did not claim on it. Add in contact lenses, dental cost and physio refunds and it was a no brainer. Also meant that when we got round to having kids we went private. With the medicare safety net and private health insurance, we were only out of pocket by about $1,500 despite $7000 in obstetrician/ultrasound etc costs and the cost of the hospital stay ($5000??).

And IMHO if you work hard to "get ahead", you will never get there because there will always be others ahead of you. Unless you are James Packer of course. Probably me being pedantic.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.