medicine you don't need

1. 1,613 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    "Patients are being deceived into taking drugs they do not need, that do not work and even put lives at risk, according to a scathing review of the influence big drug companies have on healthcare.

Drug companies ''masterfully influenced'' medicine, a review by Australian, British and US researchers has found.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/duped-into-drug-use-20130406-2hdn4.html#ixzz2Pq2GVIa4"

My story:
    Last year I damaged my knee and to ease the pain my doctor gave me Paracetamol + Codeine tablets... They were great and eventually I think I became addicted to them.... If I get up at night and can't sleep, I pop a couple and so on...

In January this year I started to suffer from stomach acid and reflux at night... I tried most of over the counter stuff with only temporary relief...
    So I went to the Doctor and it was straight to take a gastroscopy ... They found a bit of stomach irritation and a small Hiatus - hernia ....

Yep like everyone else I was put on a very powerful and expensive antacid..
    Eventually, with the help of the internet, I realised the Codeine was interfering with my bowl movement, slowing it down... causing fecal compaction ( Big Craps instead than regular small ones ... causing bloating and an awful disturbance in my gut...

To make a long story short, I stopped all medication...

I now eat healthy food, include alot of Fennel and Chicory in my salads, and I'm rubbing my knee at day with Termalife (a Pharmnet cream) that reduces my pain significantly and at night I use a bit of voltaren cream to ease the inflammation..

I'm free of all my previous gut problems and couldn't be happier...
    The lesson here: is stop taking Codeine when you develop gut problems and avoid those $100 a box antacids that play with your head and stomach acid creation...\ Find a natural solution....
    You'll think my Doctor Knew that... He never told me .... He was just happy to give me repeats of so called expensive wonder drugs....!!!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.