BBN 3.24% $1.44 baby bunting group limited

As a shareholder in Ansell I'm disappointed the Personal Care...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    As a shareholder in Ansell I'm disappointed the Personal Care division was sold about five years ago. Australians sure must be buying a lot of contraceptive devices. We could have had a record year in condom sales by the sound of it. Prescriptions for the pill must be going through the roof. How are pharmacists and service stations keeping supplies in stock?

Seriously though, this whole line of enquiry is a distraction and a waste of time. Like a novelty song about whistling, or smiling, which you hear on the radio from a band which is quickly forgotten after a couple of weeks.

Think about it.... There wouldn't be a country on earth in the past few hundred years whose birth rate has dropped 70% in a six month period. Anything more than, say a 5% variance, would be statistically significant. Maybe it happened during the Great Plague of 1666. It's ridiculous and an insult to one's intelligence. It's scarcely even worth mentioning.

One new HC contributor, a non-holder, who bizarrely only posts about BBN, has picked up on a lag in ABS data reporting and keeps posting about it. The topic is a non event. It would be more relevant for whichever small, probably ASX-listed tech company has the contract to gather and present the data to the ABS, and needs to lift its game or lose a valuable government contract. I'd like to know which company is responsible so we can short it.

https://www.aap.com.au/factcheck/former-mp-misleads-with-births-figure-claim/

In case anyone here is not seeing the forest for the trees. Everything looks fine.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4856/4856620-8c3a35649be878f6fe93da34bdbf82a6.jpg

Sometimes we can get so caught up, distracted by the miniature in striving for information and trying to tick every box that we end up paralyzed by procrastination. We miss an opportunity by waiting for everything to become clear and all the information neatly arranged.

If someone wants to argue that BBN doesn't have a competitive advantage, has poor management, sells rubbish goods, provides poor service, the dividend is at risk of being cut, has rising costs and lower margins, etc. then I'm all ears. By all means decide for yourself that it's not performing well and isn't a good investment.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4856/4856656-51464995083a5e5fbbd39b9e1b975a53.jpg

I was very interested to read the comment by @tamz that car seats are difficult to move, so parents and grandparents end up buying more than one. This the type of information I come here for. I'd never considered this. I don't care who does or doesn't buy BBN shares. I come here to help educate myself
    about the companies I'm a part owner of rather than get caught up in debates or banter. However, occasionally I feel compelled to respond.

There are legitimate micro reason to NOT buy Baby Bunting shares. This so-called macro reason is not one of them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.