AEV 0.00% 0.5¢ avenira limited

meerkat wasnt always negative on mak

1. 1,771 Posts.
    Back when MAK was just getting going... Meerkat was a strong supporter. What happened?

22/2
    "
    I am in already - have been since around 85c..... but you'll realise why I want some more?....."

22/2

then you are one lucky bastard - so far.....

the only reason I didn't get in around 45c was because I had too much tied up in other non-performing stocks..... still, I won't complain if MAK achieves half of the blue sky that has been bandied around HC.... though I've seen too many of these situations turn to crap very quickly - that's not a downramp - just be careful out there....

and good luck to all who sail in her....”

26/2
    "
    I think most punters are hanging on to their holdings because of what the future promises for MAK if it all pans out..... there's only a handful of shares which promise super returns at this time as far as I can see - CDU and MAK being among them.... and of course there are no guarantees of such a thing happening - but that's the market isn't it?......."

26/2
    "
    what I've done in the past is sold a few heads to cover the fixed cost of excercising the options.... I hope to do the same with MAK eventually if things work out..... otherwise, it's back to flipping burgers...."

26/2

MAK is in the unusual position where it's known what they have - as a minimum, it could be much better - so it just comes down to the price of phosphate rock.....
    if Wonarah goes ahead then $2 is simply chicken shit.... on this basis, MAK might just never take a break at current levels.....”

27/2

“I didn't really think last night that MAK would stop for a breather today - far too much momentum, and it still has it - the reason is simple - if MAK achieves its goal of becoming a phosphate producer (there are a few hurdles yet of course) - then current prices are a gift....

I've seen DBK's NPV summaries which project MAK prices anywhere from $7 to $18 - now you can get any figure you like from such projections, it simply depends on what numbers you plug into your spreadsheet - but whichever way you look at it, there's no scenario I can see which values MAK at less than the lower figure of $7 if it achieves its goals.....

MAK's in the right place at the right time with the right assets in hand - what's not to like?”

27/2

“of course MAK can fall backwards - any stock having experienced the rise of MAK is prone to such a thing - but what you have to decide here is whether you focus on short term gains or long term prospects.... there's not much in between....”

27/2

“yeah, maybe, but the point I was making of course is that phosphate deposits of any size (needed for any bulk commodity) are thin on the ground anywhere - it's fundamentals which will drive MAK, not any TA bullshit....”

28/2

absolutely agree with you on many points there - I can't imagine MAK's resource not being developed with ag product prices the way they are (even given their volatility who thinks in a world of expanding demand we'll see $50 per tonne for phos rock again?), plus the NT govt's interest in seeing Wonarah being developed (it's not gonna take $500 million to start operations either like many metal miners), and that's only going on what's already known about Wonarah.... sure there are risks with any explorer, but taken as a whole MAK remains a good punt....”

The positive spins were thick and fast back then.....but alas something has happened to the old Meerkat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $4.891K 978.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 7284260 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 8324063 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AEV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.