AEV 0.00% 0.5¢ avenira limited

Back when MAK was just getting going... Meerkat was a strong...

1. 1,771 Posts.
    Back when MAK was just getting going... Meerkat was a strong supporter. What happened?

22/2
    "
    I am in already - have been since around 85c..... but you'll realise why I want some more?....."

22/2

then you are one lucky bastard - so far.....

the only reason I didn't get in around 45c was because I had too much tied up in other non-performing stocks..... still, I won't complain if MAK achieves half of the blue sky that has been bandied around HC.... though I've seen too many of these situations turn to crap very quickly - that's not a downramp - just be careful out there....

and good luck to all who sail in her....”

26/2
    "
    I think most punters are hanging on to their holdings because of what the future promises for MAK if it all pans out..... there's only a handful of shares which promise super returns at this time as far as I can see - CDU and MAK being among them.... and of course there are no guarantees of such a thing happening - but that's the market isn't it?......."

26/2
    "
    what I've done in the past is sold a few heads to cover the fixed cost of excercising the options.... I hope to do the same with MAK eventually if things work out..... otherwise, it's back to flipping burgers...."

26/2

MAK is in the unusual position where it's known what they have - as a minimum, it could be much better - so it just comes down to the price of phosphate rock.....
    if Wonarah goes ahead then $2 is simply chicken shit.... on this basis, MAK might just never take a break at current levels.....”

27/2

“I didn't really think last night that MAK would stop for a breather today - far too much momentum, and it still has it - the reason is simple - if MAK achieves its goal of becoming a phosphate producer (there are a few hurdles yet of course) - then current prices are a gift....

I've seen DBK's NPV summaries which project MAK prices anywhere from $7 to $18 - now you can get any figure you like from such projections, it simply depends on what numbers you plug into your spreadsheet - but whichever way you look at it, there's no scenario I can see which values MAK at less than the lower figure of $7 if it achieves its goals.....

MAK's in the right place at the right time with the right assets in hand - what's not to like?”

27/2

“of course MAK can fall backwards - any stock having experienced the rise of MAK is prone to such a thing - but what you have to decide here is whether you focus on short term gains or long term prospects.... there's not much in between....”

27/2

“yeah, maybe, but the point I was making of course is that phosphate deposits of any size (needed for any bulk commodity) are thin on the ground anywhere - it's fundamentals which will drive MAK, not any TA bullshit....”

28/2

absolutely agree with you on many points there - I can't imagine MAK's resource not being developed with ag product prices the way they are (even given their volatility who thinks in a world of expanding demand we'll see $50 per tonne for phos rock again?), plus the NT govt's interest in seeing Wonarah being developed (it's not gonna take $500 million to start operations either like many metal miners), and that's only going on what's already known about Wonarah.... sure there are risks with any explorer, but taken as a whole MAK remains a good punt....”

The positive spins were thick and fast back then.....but alas something has happened to the old Meerkat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.