SYA 2.86% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

MEETING WITH BRETT, CEO MD SAYONA MINING, page-4

1. 1,161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 338
    Firstly let me just say I would have been just as anxious leading into the conversation, but I don't know if I would have been able to cover all the points and be as up-front with some of the questions. Kudos to you for that mate, and thank you for taking the time to 1. Take this opportunity even with so much going on with your family and 2. post this at bloody 2:30 in the morning.

I'm just going to ask a bunch of questions for each topic to try and understand the context a little better, apologies if some are asking too much of you - answer or dont answer as you see fit.

TIMELINES AND MISSED TARGETS:
    "These avenues are continually opening up. We hook one we think is favourable, and a better one comes along. We hook a barra and marlin comes along..." Am I understanding correctly that what he was implying is that they think they are finalising a decision e.g. OT partner, and then they are offered something better, the dealings start over again and the timeline is pushed back?

I guess if we are to take this at face value the carbonate plans may be tied to the spod OT hence the delays on both? But that is assuming the PFS would be affected by this.

CR
    The reasoning for the CR is sound its the safe route, you have a healthy cash balance you cant really go wrong - makes sense. Some people when the CR was executed alluded to the fact that our cash balance may have been too low to operate and that the CR had to be done urgently. However, I don't get a sense of urgency from the way BL walked through the line of reasoning (I don't know if more was said or implied face to face?).

"Some positivity in the SP and meaningful increase day by day. This reached its peak in late May, and what did we get? A bloody CR?? Really???"
    So my next question, was the timing of the CR before potential price catalysts explicitly acknowledged at all, was it glossed over, did he avoid that?

CARBONATE PLANT
    "Well, it is, and it doesnt take 3 years, not with the existing infrastructure." This is what I meant about being as up-front, good on you mate.

"I pushed him on this, and although got nothing concrete, from what I could determine.......My take here....let's just say mine, and some other posters suspicions seem accurate." What were the kind of questions you asked around this, was he being evasive in his answers and that's why you came to the conclusion you did, or was it the information that was off?

Also, I'm assuming this is the theory about a certain someone getting their fill for longer than expected - for whatever reasons.

RESOLUTE PAPER MILL, AMOSS

MOBLAN PFS
    "So, it's kind of pointless putting out one now, when by the end of the year, the resource could be 4 times what it is now, and the PFS will be defunct." This is a delay I can reconcile with, makes a lot of sense. I feel like if they released a PFS based on 60mt when the expectation is it will likely be north of 100mt it would just be used against them, similar to how the $1B NPV in the initial NAL PFS was.

OFFTAKE
    So some people blow through the forum with the notion that SYA cant find a buyer for the spod, hence the delay in announcement. My only question here is based off of your gauge of the conversation, did you feel at all like that is the case?

PLL OFFTAKE
    "I gave him my glowing viewpoint..." would have payed to listen to this.

KRAKEN
    Now onto the pressing stuff, did you bring up the possibility of a Kraken x Sayona sponsorship deal with @Scrollonby as the brand ambassador?

Haha in all seriousness though thank you for doing this mate, I and I'm sure everyone else is beyond appreciative for your recent efforts and contributions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
-0.001(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $349.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.5¢ 3.6¢ 3.4¢ $1.045M 30.10M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 6626644 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 4433680 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.