CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

meeting with ms, page-167

1. 3,376 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    MadMax222

"Forget the fact that we are relying on the current Angolan gov't to be voted back in during the September elections so as to not lose our foothold with the locals (essentially the whole company)."

To my mind, that statement is the key to where we are at the moment. All dressed up and nowhere to go...LOL.

I am not convinced that we can have the luxury of simply forgetting about such an integral part of the entire deal.

The changing valuations to which you refer, ie $6, $3, $0.89 and even $0.30, should be taken in context, as the goal posts keep changing. Even Smyth has explained that what has been offered just gets better and better. The world market turmoil has also intervened, and anything above 20 cents in the short term would see a lot here somewhat relieved. Certainly there is the potential for the 'commodities basket' to morph into a 'commodities chest' so the extra dilution may not be such a big problem. And I'm thinking that the commodities in the chest could very well be smothered in oil.

With a situation such as evolving with CVI, the risks are extremely high (although not so much at current prices...LOL), but the rewards have always been potentially exceptional. And still are.

Patience is needed, and to a certain extent, so is FAITH.

Faith in management is the key.
    No amount of conjecture on here or interpretation of the known knowns, the known unknowns or the unknown unknowns as assisted by BRR's, company updates, director phone calls, director emails and personal visits, or even the squiggles on the charts, will make us any the wiser.

The only proof that Smyth has actually triumphed with CVI's venture/adventure into Angola will be when the shareprice gallops northwards, spirited along by the whip cracking institutions. It hasn't happened yet, but it certainly looks poised to do so after the elections.

Anyway, that's my take on it. And encore is right about locking up the free float. If and when it moves, the move will be real, and the real danger for those with a trading mentality will be the possibility of being left behind.

By the way, thanks for sharing TMT. Much appreciated.

Cheers
    Nev

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.