TLS 0.26% $3.90 telstra group limited

Received the same reply from Senator FieldingAlso received this...

1. 253 Posts.
    Received the same reply from Senator Fielding

Also received this reply from Senator Ludlow (Greens)...

"Thank you for your correspondence on the Telecommunications Legislation (Competition and Consumer Safeguards) Bill 2009. I am responding on behalf of the Australian Greens Senators as I have portfolio responsibility for this Communications, Broadband and the Digital Economy.

The Australian Greens share some of your concerns about the proposed legislation, although on balance we believe that telecommunications markets do need reform and some form of separation between Telstra's wholesale and retail arms is essential.

If all parties negotiate in good faith, Telstra will emerge from this process in a good position to take advantage of rapidly expanding telecommunications markets as the National Broadband Network takes shape. Should our amendments be passed, there is no reason for Telstra shareholders to fear a risk to their investment.

It has been difficult to evaluate the merits or otherwise of the Government's proposal in the absence of key documents such as the abandoned Request for Proposals (RFP) material or the more recent NBN Implementation study. We will continue our pursuit of these materials so that all stakeholders including Telstra shareholders can form their own views on the Government's plans.

Yours sincerely

Scott Ludlam 24 March 2010"

...Emphasis on the last two paragraphs

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.90
Change
0.010(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $45.06B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.87 $3.90 $3.86 $47.13M 12.11M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 85316 $3.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.90 383741 58
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.