WOW 1.91% $33.63 woolworths group limited

Ok Guys, its funny that I was a member of hotcopper back in the...

1. 391 Posts.
    Ok Guys, its funny that I was a member of hotcopper back in the days of the 2008 gfc and have only posted now - after what seems a long time ago in a previous life.

I come to the WOW thread because of an interesting conversation I had with an accountant regarding stocks for an SMSF, his immediate suggestion was buy 'Woolworths'. I had a funny feeling, almost like the one you get from a taxi driver telling you which stock to buy.

I actually felt uncomfortable with his recommendation ..that is due in part to the peoples perception that woolworths is a 'safe' stock and that NOW unlike anytime before it is being given a serious run for its money by ALDI and notably Coles.

There are many arguments that can be divulged about the problems but I dont really want to spend more time than it needs, its pretty simple really - wow investors and the company alike are taking themselves - for granted! And getting rid of jobs is not a long term strategy, or one that big fundies appreciate in the scheme of things, woolies need to get their house in order quick smart, cause things appear to be getting worse ( across the board) before there is anything you can write home about. By the way I do not hold any Woolworths stock or even Wesfarmers, though I do wish I could buy ALDI if it were a publicly traded company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$33.63
Change
0.630(1.91%)
Mkt cap ! $41.08B
Open High Low Value Volume
$33.60 $33.86 $33.50 $195.7M 5.778M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 41507 $33.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$33.63 1606 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.