Gday all my favourite time of the year upon us again. Loved...

1. 2,196 Posts.
    Gday all my favourite time of the year upon us again. Loved reading everyones thoughts and rationale, all certainly makes sense.

Picking the winner very, very hard but gee I bloody enjoy trying. Watching all lead ups replays, crossing form lines, trying to extrapolate to 3200 all comes down to a few minutes and quite often a bit of luck.

Cox plate form can be used, huge run this year, if Winx was in it be close to Fav so Criterion has to go in.United States definitely Melb cup winning run if it makes it. Stil got couple important lead ups this weekend.

Out of Caulfield Mongolian Khan was beauty, eased up winner, 56kg may be too much but only Australian bred runner in top 24 so has to go in. Fame Game delib given great warm up deserves favouritism. Dont rule out Grand Marshal, imo, although history against, being Sydney Cup winner this year. Did also like Dandino, previous great run in Melbourne Cup(5th in 2013),good in Turnbull and Underwood but beaten in Geelong by Almoonqith so it could be value if sneaks in.

Only 1 runner has won without lead up race in Australia, Vintage Crop, 1993, so imo rule out those.

So mine,in order, subject to Saturday, that are currently in the field
    Grand Marshal
    Fame Game
    Mongolian Khan
    Almoonqith
    Criterion

Good luck all hope some
    memories are made

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.