melbourne has hit 44 deg, page-32

1. 17,117 Posts.
    we dont have 4 seasons in a day....that is just a hiccup for a tiny part of the year....the rest of the time, it is just glorius.....proof is in the pudding with all the open air cafes and restaurants, that thrive here.....

in springtime, when the last of winter is still lagging around, reluctant to leave, and spring is on its way, anxious to arrive, we can have spring showers through out the day, and hail, and wind....but thats only on the change between seasons.....and mother nature, whipping it up for the footy followers....

I heard that fallacy, and experienced the spring weather several times before moving to Melb over 20 years ago...

my first 3 weeks here in June 1989 were stunning....over 20 degrees all day, sunshine....I was swept away with how mild the weather is...
    the weather is always milder in a coastal area...we have this huge bay which provides protection.....go to Bells Beach, Torquay and the ocean road to get a taste of some wild weather...

you have to go to the outer suburbs, to experience the wild windstorms....my family often hear about the warnings...then call me....
    in the inner city, we rarely get anything like the wild winds, that bring down the trees....as is often the case, out in the wooded and treed areas of the outer suburbs...

otherwise, go north to the nsw/vic border.....over 40 degrees for most of the summer.....down to freezing for most of the winter, only autumn is mild....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.