ALK 7.41% 43.5¢ alkane resources limited

Troyus - believe me, I would like nothing better than for my...

1. 5,801 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    Troyus - believe me, I would like nothing better than for my theory (or at least, the possibility) to be incorrect. I only mentioned the possibility of a leak of bad news because there is no LOGICAL reason for today's hammering (or even the last few days' sell-down).

If it is the swing traders, then they certainly wielded some clout today, on big volume. It doesn't smell like the usual swing traders' dance routine.

So the only other reason for a dump like today's would have to include a leak of bad news - at least it has to be in the mix.

But I really hope I'm wrong. REALLY, REALLY hope I'm wrong. I have too much invested in ALK.

If it was a shorting attack, then one would think they'd have to cover at some point, although short-covering rallies are rare beasts these days - most of the main short sellers cover off market via dark pools and the like, in multiple small transfers. If it IS short sellers attacking our company, then that would be yet another good reason to ban short selling - it is nothing but a contrived intangible scam whereby greedy types can sell something they don't own. I don't know of any other endeavour that allows that.

But that's a whole other argument, had many times over. And I still haven't changed my mind about shorting being pure robbery milking money out of the markets and producing nothing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.5¢
Change
0.030(7.41%)
Mkt cap ! $262.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.5¢ 44.0¢ 42.0¢ $428.6K 1.000M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 26318 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 14527 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.