ROG 0.00% 0.5¢ red sky energy limited.

Hmmm...Pretty ugly guys. Most of those seams struggle to break a...

1. 94 Posts.
    Hmmm...

Pretty ugly guys. Most of those seams struggle to break a density of 2g/cm2. We generally don't call it coal when it breaks about 1.6 - 1.8 and then its very high ash. Banded seams are difficult because of the response time on the density tool kind of blows the rule of thumb out of the water and 2.2 could be used in some circumstances.

Ash - very high rarely under 75%. If you look at the photos in the desorption report....the only stuff in there that any self respecting Geo would call coal is the shiney cleated material near the bottom of the second set of core trays and a few other minor occurrences. The rest is garbage carbonaceous material. Quite few of the Q3 ashes don't match the seam ash. While Q3 is only a small part of the overall figure it shows how difficult it would be to characterise these seams for a good and meaningful reserves calc.

Gas - Looks reasonable for this material, Did you see the nitrogen values?? No argon flush to stop the coal oxidising. Amateurish. Lets hope ROG dont skimp on the $300 to do this.

Perm - lets just say I have an eye for it in core... not that anyone can give you a result by eye.....but the vast majority of that material is not going to have any reasonable perm. The cleated material looks ok and will probably show some perm but based on the logs and the photos there is only a handful of meters of good coal in the hole.

Net to Gross Coal - I'm not going to count it up but it aint pretty. Said seven meter seam with a rough run over by eye - 1m reasonable coal, 3m of stoney/inferior coal and 3m of stone bands.

Depth - pretty ugly too. This is really starting to push the limits for the near future in Australia. You may be able to do it with LNG but no way is that profitable for power supply or the domestic market.

Honestly...If I had drilled that hole I would be calling it a duster. The only real thing going for it is the seams are only spread over 150m and not the whole hole.

I would imagine Metgasco are cringing thinking that this is now in the public domain.

Anyway I can go into more detail on whatever you would like to know.

Cheers,
    Gaz

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ROG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $27.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $2.153K 531.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
50 96544760 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 60819762 92
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ROG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.