Yes. Gas for fuel cells. I'm a recent holder of this stock...

1. 167 Posts.
    Yes. Gas for fuel cells. I'm a recent holder of this stock (disclosure), but it looks like the way US, Japan, Europe are going. Also decentralised energy factor. Generating power that's used at the point of use.

Recent press release.

"E.On Sustainable Energy hosts UK first public viewing of BluGen gas-to-electricity generator at Ecobuild 2011.

There is a need today and in the future, for secure and highly efficient generation of electricity with significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. At Ecobuild 2011 in London's ExCel exhibition centre, E.ON Sustainable Energy is to unveil one of the newest, most exciting products on the market - the BluGen gas to electricity generator. Developed by Australian firm Ceramic Fuel Cells Limited, BluGen offers the highest levels of electrical efficiency in the world (60 per cent net electrical efficiency). Each BluGen unit can produce three times the electricity needed to power a UK home providing significant cost savings to energy bills and large carbon savings. BluGen uses Ceramic Fuel Cells to turn natural gas into electricity and heat for hot water."

And also the carbon savings look good.

In its report - 'Desktop Greenhouse Gas Emission Comparison of the BlueGen Fuel Cell Unit with Other Means of Providing Electricity and Heat to Australian Homes', prepared by Peter Campbell - CSIRO determines that a 2-kilowatt BlueGen unit can save up to 33 tonnes of carbon dioxide when replacing power derived from brown coal. The average household in Victoria produces around 10.7 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions each year from energy used in the home. A home with a BlueGen unit can offset all of these carbon emissions - and more. By comparison a 2-kilowatt solar panel using the grid as a back up can save 3.2 tonnes of carbon dioxide a year.

Sounds like the future to me. Disasters like this highlight the need for decentralised energy.

Again, a holder of this stock. Couldn't care if you bought it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.