Memorial tribute to Pinner Richard Hilldweller !, page-2

1. 15,138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93

TheDJPIN occupies a small but special and unique niche in the social mediaplatform Hot Copper. Special because of the participants; unique because an enduringrecord of achievement is maintained and available. Ask THE question and youwill receive THE answer.

Forover a decade people have come and gone; many still contribute to other forumson the site.

Manycame and stayed; a few from inception but most others along the way.

Then wehave the late comers; those who have been on Hot Copper for many, many yearsbut only recently found the pleasure of participation in this quirky guessinggame.

Arecent convert was David, aka @dub. David joined HC in 1999 and became a regular pinner in early 202o I think. He won a set of Silver Wings. Sadly he unexpectedly passed away recently. To my knowledge he was the first active member of the forum we lost whilst still participating till his final day. There were numerous tributes to David, a testament to the high esteem in which he was held.

We havenow lost Richard aka @hilldweller. Richard joined HC in 2003 and became aregular pinner in early 2022 I think. He won two Gold Wings and a PinApple. Whenhe joined us I thought we had welcomed another beautiful woman. That was notthe case. I was misled by the avatar – his beautiful wife I believe. Richard asit turned out was returning to Australia from Thailand with a serious medicalcondition. I think his return was delayed because of COVID.

Richardwas a stoic and positive man in the face of adversity. His positivity was amazing right to the end. His last post was in the same evening before his passing and still wishing others well. I was silently but thoroughly astounded. I had lost a brother to the same medical condition that Richard suffered. My brother endured excruciating pain. I truly hope Richard did not suffer in those final hours. A testament to the high esteem in which Richard was held also followed in several posts. A gentleman who will be sadly missed by many.

I apologisein advance if this post includes inaccuracies and welcome any corrections oradditions. I also thank Ian for creating this thread.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.