Mental Health on HotCopper, page-69

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    Hi Jarl and thanks for the nice sentiment

Great to see Ur still keeping an interest in the MH side of things.

In my experience with share trading, and believe U me Ive made some pretty serious losses over the last couple of decades, one has to keep perspective on what U r doing with ur shares and to constantly reassess ur situation.Like U say !!!

In other words be cognitive with ur share trading, and for that matter, ur life.

It gives U positive motivation by reacting to whats hapenning around U.

U constantly reassess Ur situation and eventually develop the OBSERVATIONAL SKILLS that turn this cognitive way of living into an extremely powerful way to live.

It also lessens the risks with ur investments as u r constantly looking at company annmnts and the market sector info which feeds back (cognition) into ur investment strategy.

Its a very CONSTRUCTIVE way to think, and thats what the brain thrives on.

Effectively u can turn negative stuff into positive by assessing the situation and changing Ur strategy IF NECESSARY.

Its important to assess the longer term potential of Ur investments as often patience will see many companies eventually succeed in what they r trying to achieve.

Imo most companies have good intent to develop what they r invested in themselves, but its takes good management to c such things thru, so managements abilities r also all important.

Timing is also critical in entering a company/sector as there is no point in investing in a company if the sector is diving, UNLESS u have the capital backing to take advantage of stressed assets companies, a dangerous play imho. But it does work. BUT u need heaps of cash for it to play out well.

U may also b extremely patient with investing and the company asset or intellectual property is just so strong thats its too hard to ignore even with a diving sector. BUT like I say its a dangerous and often long winded strategy and the potential f Ur captial to make gains is lessened.

So U need to think very seriously about any entry strategy u have so as not to misstime imho.

Many here might tell u Im elling u how to suck eggs, BUT its so easy to get too emotional with an investment and to make a big error in that investment move.

Its kind of like buying a car.

Do U buy it becos of its looks and how its makes u feel or do u buy it becos its functional and whats required at that point in time.

Ill admit right now I do BOTH

I love a good looking, great performing car, BUT, I ALWAYS step back and give myself a bit of time to asses that decision, quite often a fully emotive one, which is a very poor way to judge an entry point, ven with buying a car.

Not everyone makes the right decision and as U say Ur the one that has to take that on board and take resposibility for any poor decisions. As soon as U do that U can rationise the situation, take a loss, if necessary and move on. Some investors use the obious tools for this with stop losses.I dont nvets that way. I research a company then observe its sp and the current sp strength, usually by their chart and then sit back and think about it for a few days if not weeks.

Quite ofetn a companies sp will dive for whatever reason BUT it stiull may b an excellent investment.

Thats something U have to decide and ONLY COMES WITH EXPERIENCE

BUT Ur dead right and put it in a much better succinct way than me.

I just tend to get a bit verbose at times.

As my boss says to me at my full time employment, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP for Gods sake. Appologies for the blasphemy smile.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.