Mental Health on HotCopper, page-70

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    Great post Pinto.

As U say its important to keep perspective when judging people in this regard.

Ther can be many causes for MH problems and many of them not of peoples own doing.

I have type 2 diabetes which is my own doing becose I have a massive sweet tooth, which is having to change if I want to live a few more years !!!

But then I had an episode of shingles that developed on the side of my face, evidenced by a burning sensation for a couple of weeks. No rash, which is why I didnt pick it up soon enuf to have it treated with antivirals. It ended up geting into my trigeminal nerve structure, just a fancy medical term for a nerve node in the head, and subsequently resulted in a migrating head neuralgia that was at time very debilitating. Unusual according to every medico ive talked to about it as it usually only effects one side of the face. Perhaos it has something to do with the ability of the virus to move in the nervous system.

Add to that my high blood sugar toxicity and U have the perfect scenario for a very poor quality of life, which I had for over 2 years post my psychotic depression episode.

It was only when my diabetic consultant measuered my blood glose at around 2ommls !!!, and he put me on insulin, that I started to recover.

As U say there can b many causes for many medical issues.

We r a complex organism and with that complexity comes complex health issues.

ALWAYS ALWAYS seek professional medical help if Ur not dealing/coping with medical/mental health issues. PLEASE !!!

Gr

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.