IGO 1.13% $5.25 igo limited

I think it can be very easy to misinterpret what short sellers...

1. 15,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1379
    I think it can be very easy to misinterpret what short sellers do.
    Two elements that might be pertinent:
    1. in aggregate short sellers are institutions and they generally get a better result than the counterparty (longs) who are retailers.
    2. shorts may not be specifically for a directional position but to isolate points of difference. Eg. a shorter may go short NCM (Newcrest) long NST Northeren Star while that wait for The NCM takeover to precipitate divestments but not be long gold in the interim. Solaris Funds management do that to strip dividends all the time. Note too with the separate Liontown & Alkem mergers in play that may exactly be their objective re-shorting IGO.
    I have no problem with shorters in IGO. As far as I'm concerned IGO management is top-notch and their strategy is an excellent way to play the general fight against greenhouse gasses.* if others want to take a contra view and bet against it I'll take that bet any day of the week. In fact, it's a major plank of my green transition strategy along with WOR and Copper in general. I'm not alone on that re- IGO either many investment funds see it that way in investment grade, size & scalability.

All IMVHO
    *I'm not saying I believe the greenhouse gas hype just intend to profit from it as I perceive many vested interests there. Same with The Voice. Though I don't intend to monetize the latter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.25
Change
-0.060(1.13%)
Mkt cap ! $3.975B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.28 $5.30 $5.11 $21.23M 4.058M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1025 $5.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.25 330 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IGO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.