TBA 0.00% 2.6¢ tombola gold ltd

Sydneyguy, mate doesn’t matter whether a scope study or a PFS OR...

1. 192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155
    Sydneyguy, mate doesn’t matter whether a scope study or a PFS OR DFS, the goal posts and variables costings change every day. A DFS today is almost useless and not worth the millions $$. The gold prices, fuel prices, wages, contractors, explosive costs, drillers costs change,FIFO, consultants change without notice. A Definitive Feasibility Sudy today for a gold mine depending on size is between $1m to $10m. Then at bottom says: things could change, only based on current prices and adjusted if metalPrice drops. Most only gave +-5% which is useless today. So in Australia most states take between 2 and five years to approve a mining lease and EPA approvals. So your DFS is up to five years old before you break the ground. That’s why companies opting for a scope study prior to applying for mining lease ( to ensure viable) and then another study after receiving mining lease to adjust price increases. So I’m not sticking up for TBA doing a scoping study a couple months before mining. This was the sensible thing to do. All was based on current pricing. I can’t blame them for that. No point getting a builder to give you a price to build a house and then build it 5 years later. Doing a scoping study 3 months before mining based on current prices was the only right decision TBA ever made. Whether a DFS or scoping study if it’s not mined properly with grade control and managed by experienced personnel and all mined on a set budget, will still fail as did TBA. A case in question is QLD government increased the royalties tax on coal from 7% to 40% in December 2022. So the $10m DFS not worth the paper it’s written on. NSW oalnmkners pay 8.2% and will Probably follow QLD. DFS were popular 20 years ago but not so popular today because of continuing changing prices of costs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TBA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.