MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Thanks for the feedback - it is much appreciated.There are many...

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Thanks for the feedback - it is much appreciated.

There are many other more experienced posters on HC - all I do is interpret the data available to try and understand the complexities of my investment medium (fundamentals) whatever sector it may be. Because I am not an O&G expert that interpretation is presented logically in layman's terms, which I share in the forum.

The risk is that an interpretation which sits right with me can influence other investors which is why it is important for us all to do our own research. All I do, like all genuine HC posters, is to provide pointers for others to base their own research and decisions.

Hi Dr Daz. I noticed your post regarding the HCs encountered at H1.

Fred1 put together a great post (battle for middle earth) but just to concur with those observations and show that we can only build up a picture of any potential HC through historical data might I just add the following:

Here is a diagram of the two reservoirs at Heron.

At the top we can see the Epennara reservoir as a thin ribbon in the Darwin Formation. H1 reported shows here to TD (4209mKB) as shown on the stratigraph.
    (* As referenced by Dr Daz in Post: 8424011 *)
    Because of H1's positioning they missed the Plover Sands altogether, ending up short in the Elang Formation.

MEO encountered a 52m gas column at Epennara which they reported as a discovery. Other wells in the Malita Graben are shown to have encountered numerous gas shows at various depths with the Evans Shoal, Chuditch, Caldita, Barossa, ST, Heron2 (gas) and Troubador (gas and oil) discoveries indicated in the Plover Formation.

After the drilling of H2, whilst they still had the Atlas rig, MEO put out a plan of alternate wells:

We can see that they could have drilled a sidetrack to H2 and test the extent of the Plover Formation, H3C (now HS1) or a deviation to test the Epennara structure. We know that they decided to drill the Blackwood 1 wildcat, discovery. Blackwood is not shown on the stratigraph as it was released before the NT09-1 document.

Eni will encounter the Darwin/Epenarra structure on the way down and will be able to see the extent of the ribbon as shown on the seismic. Hopefully they will have a smoother run than the previous Heron wells and reach TD with a full sample of the Plover Formation. If successful, and they decide to carry on with the Heron permit they may go back to MEO's idea of H2(sidetrack) and H3B.

Finally, to further illustrate Dr Daz and Fred1's interpretation of the Heron Terrace I have included another diagram of the Heron Blackwood spill:

Not only do we see potential at Heron West and Blackwood East the spill may even continue into Blackwood West.

Of course, as Ya has said, the reservoirs are tight and will need a bit of stimulation to release the goodies but here’s hoping for a safe and successful drilling program.

The drill bit will do the talking and no matter how much research we do we can only speculate on history’s hidden secrets.

Please DYOR

#:>))

PS – I am getting along ok but have slowed down a fair bit and have had to re-order my priorities. Thanks for all your good wishes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.