MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Hi DD,My hunch is that the Chinese are likely players for the...

1. 521 Posts.
    Hi DD,

My hunch is that the Chinese are likely players for the TSLNG/TSMP projects based on Tassie Shoal. It will be interesting to see if they are farminees into NT/P68 - appraising Heron and Blackwood. This route gives them control and significant production share without having to deal with the likes of Shell/Chevron/Santos AND with the not insignificant bonus of a fully approved hub in Tassie Shoal.

The giant Brazilian Petrobas came into a potential 12 TCF Artemis with control over at least 85% of the gas and have the capacity to do a FLNG plant - again without having to deal with the existing players and their land-based hubs.

IMO, these big guys [Chinese & Brazilians] won't want to muck around with multiple partners with their different agendas - especially global O+G players who would be tough negotiators without doubt - and sitting with minority shareholdings.

Of course, both these players - if the projects were to proceed could choose to dilute their share but not control.

MEO - with Chinese and Brazilian partners - how sweet would that be.

Just my thoughts.... Cheers, Gasbag

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.