MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

I got into MEO at some stupid high price when they had $100m in...

1. 60 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I got into MEO at some stupid high price when they had $100m in the bank and were drilling a good prospect only for it to be found to be a duster. I don't profess to know oil or the politics of the region, however as I'm in touch with a buddy that is married to a Cuban girl and lives in Havana (hes also a Harvard Grad so not silly), I can only offer the news that he has on the ground. "Its tough here, Venezuela are going broke and cant support the Cuban people anymore. Its not that we cant grow food here but we are suddenly struggling to fuel the trucks needed to bring that food to market". This is a simplistic statement but for a bloke like me, I need the KISS principal and it rarely lets me down.
    He is coming out here early next month so I'll drill down for some local "feel" about the place and if he believes the govt are looking at becoming more self sufficient for their oil supplies now that Venezuela are pretty much out of the picture and Cuba is 10 billion a year worse off for it.
    Its is a worry in one respect because this makes the economic and political climate a huge risk.
    On the other hand, if you are getting no support from such a strong ally, you have to adapt and adapt quickly.
    Environmental worries such as the ones the two Senators from AZ have put forward in the American parliament refer only to Offshore drilling, so this also is a tick for Block 9.
    It has always been a problem with the Cubans that everything is on Island time and the Govt acts like a tortoise but this situation, if it doesn't get rectified, may force their hand in becoming a major producer.
    Not really offering any advice here, just an interesting conversation from last week. GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.