BRN 9.80% 23.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Mercedes uses Akida, page-844

1. 5,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 872
    I agree but the biggest benefit was it gave BRN a seat at the table. Merc are now working on other applications Akida can be used for.

There is a global industrial revolution going on atm with the switch from internal combustion engines (ICE) to electric vehicles (EV). Depending on the level of luxury of the vehicle, ICE vehicles use between 200-300 semiconductor chips while EV's use between 3000-4000.

Personally from my research, I don't think it is unrealistic to have >100 chips per vehicle using digital neuromorphic processors in a year or so. EV makers are looking at any and every innovative idea to drive down costs and get a competitive advantage. There is a massive scramble for market share taking place atm because the prize is so huge. 6.2m EV's were produced last year. The experts are predicting ~60m EV's per year will be produced by 2030 and >120m by 2040.

Say BRN get a royalty of 50c per chip by 2030 - 60m x 100 x 50c = $3B. Capturing just 10% of this market is worth $300m/yr and this is only one market segment BRN will be participating in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.