APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

I find this debate in regards to the RBA implementing the same...

1. 391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    I find this debate in regards to the RBA implementing the same restrictions on APT as they have done with CC's in regards to passing on fees, a bit over reactive.

My wifes business has both Afterpay and Zip and both bring in repeat customers specifically because they can use these facilities with her business. If it comes to pass that we are going to be able to pass on the 4% fee to the consumer, we probably still wont as we get more people using our services than we had before which is making our bottom line even better due to the number of sales.

I bought some sneakers the other day and the total was $160 if you add the 4% it would have been just over $166. Would I go to the shop on the other side of town that had them for $160 if paid in cash or CC? No way, it will cost me more in fuel and time.

I am pretty sure that retailers have descent margins built into their prices as we do, so I firmly dont believe that the RBA changing this will have any real long term effect on the SP. IMHO
    I wonder what will happen to the BNPL sector when the Gen Z's come of age (starting now).

My two cents only

cheers

Pete

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.