AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

MergeCo Discussion, page-90

1. 484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    I've been holding ORE for several years, it was a popular shorting stock for quite a while, the shorters playing on the quarterly results which always seemed to come in lower than forecast. I just checked shortman.com and can see from the chart that the shorting went from a high of 10% last September to a low of around 1.5% recently, but has started to climb again and as of the latest data (Aug 16) on shortman.com, is up to nearly 3%. The sudden recent drop (and then more quick drops) were familiar to me from the bad old days where shorters moved the share price. This time around my theory is that they are hoping that the merger will create some negative outcomes, or at least some anticipated negative outcomes by holders.

The difference this time round though is that lithium demand has recovered and by all reports this will continue. I doubt the shorters will ever go back to the 10% or higher range, even though it's a safe bet they are pushing the price around, it's still unsettling to see the sudden dramatic fall in share price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.