TXN 0.00% 58.0¢ texon petroleum ltd

merger details out, page-140

1. 5,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2213
    Well, I'm back in. As a fairly long term SEA holder I think it's a great deal, and from the TXN side of things I can't see as much potential downside at this point but I can see the potential for a higher offer either from SEA or someone else. If we get a better offer we're laughing and if I get some SEA shares at 2:1 that's fine since I think it will increase SEA's value. Realistically I'd say that's the most likely outcome, and from TXN's current position it's great, hence my buy.

It does suck for long term TXN holders that we've come to this point where it's good if the 2:1 offer goes through, but only because of what you happened to pay for it. Ignoring the purchase price (which we all know you should always do), at this point you'd be much better having SEA looking after your land than continuing on the way things were. Unless another offer from another company comes through I can't see SEA putting another one in, but it's still a great deal. If the deal falls through I think TXN will hit 30c or so. I doubt it will end up being rejected though. It would be nice if the value of SEA ends up great enough to result in a profit for long term TXN holders, which is not unrealistic, and certainly even breaking even would now seem attractive to those who bought at the peaks. However you look at it, the deal seems like a win win. Seems like a ray of hope for holders and a potential buy for others.

Good luck to all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TXN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.