AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I'll leave this here again:AKE is bringing about 73 per cent of...

1. 62 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128
    I'll leave this here again:

AKE is bringing about 73 per cent of resources and 66 per cent of capacity (according to another article). AKE is bringing ~700M USD in cash, Livent is brining ~$100M. AKE has diversification across multiple continents. LKE has one mine that is run horribly by all accounts. AKE NPV sitting at $30B AUD, who cares about Livent. Current NET profits are also far from 50/50 with AKE maybe 3x (with much more growth to come on its own).

So what is Livent contributing here? A US listing? We have cash, make some US acquisitions and some WA acquisitions and AKE is a serious power. Livent can't even contribute to that process because they have no cash - their quarterly call was the CEO (who also is a joke) trying to convince analysts that they have enough to self fund their very small expansion plans at HM.

AKE needs be more aggressive on their own.

We need Ken Brinsden's attitude to this: “What they didn’t do was get the mining capacity right. And that is why you have seen pretty incredible spikes in the price of the raw materials,” Brinsden said.“But the truth is that from now, exactly the same thing is happening in the western world.“Masses of chemical capacity is going to be built in the western world, or is already under construction, including in North America and Australia. But the same mistake is being made.There is a lot more chemical capacity being built than there is underlying raw material capacity. .... There will be incredible price spikes in the raw materials because it is the raw materials that are going to be short in the world – not the chemical capacity, not the battery making capacity, and not the EV making capacity.” -- https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/incredible-lithium-price-spike-on-way-as-new-chemical-capacity-drives-demand-says-brinsden -- Livent is not contributing anything from this point of view (AKE has 73% of the combined resource and is funded to production across all of the projects).

Remember LTR was offered >$6B for one (still risky, and at the time not even funded to production) underground spod mine. Long term AKE could be a serious powerhouse and hopefully this merger fails and AKE get some new fresh aggressive management.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.