AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Merger: Yes or No, page-389

1. 4,087 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 960
    "Wertpapierrechnung" is not a "type of security" but a "type of custody" among several possible types of custody.

Wikipedia translation: "The different types of custody differ in the legal status of the custody account in relation to the security and the legal basis for the custody."

I hope this is a little more clear. "Rechnung" is a word that yields three or more possible English translations. The correct translation is really dependent on the context. So I am not sure wether my holding is equivalent to CDIs or not.

User TheOldGuy wrote: "In Germany, the shares are usually held by the depository "Clearstream Luxembourg", which buys the shares directly on the ASX (CSD link to Clearstream Australia), so our shares in Germany are exchanged for shares on the NYSE."

So I assume Clearstream Luxemburg deals directly with the ASX. I bought my shares via "Tradegate Exchange" an online exchange in Germany. So maybe this means we are just trading claims on shares that are kept / stored by Clearstream Luxemburg in Australia all along.
    Last edited by Stephan90: 25/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.