AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I'm still undecided on the vote. Haven't received my phone book...

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    I'm still undecided on the vote. Haven't received my phone book about the merger in the mail yet, and starting to doubt that it's coming, not sure what has happened there.

Nevertheless, got 2 HIN's and topped up a reasonable amount yesterday before the final bell. Probably should have waited a little longer, but wasn't worried if it keeps going down, which seems likely right now. Lithium prices have dropped a lot so I am not unrealistic in expectations of share price, even though our AKE I think has copped it worse than many others, hopefully the increase to the upside will be greater when the recovery eventually comes.

Been on this one 8 years and counting. I was a little surprised at how few holders there are with over 100k shares when that slide was presented a while back. Makes me think quite a few may have sold up and got out at different points of time, and I hope they've done well.

The key for me is to see through this volatility, and as unsettling as the current situation and its unknowns may seem, as in times past I remain focused on the bigger picture, and what that could look like with or without Livent. Been through a lot on this journey and others have been on the path much longer than I, and others less, but I hope for all of us we end up well off for relentlessly sticking it out. We deserve it. Never missed a wink of sleep over this roller coaster, but I want to be rewarded, and handsomely, for what I have sacrificed and risked.

Merger and slow progress aside, I am satisfied, particularly with some of the achievements that have come to fruition this past year with where the company has now arrived at. It has so much more to give, and ideally James Bay wouldn't be taking so long to get up, but I see that as something out of managements control.

I don't take a liking to Paul Graves background on the surface, but it's easy to cast accusations and judgments and make up all kinds of scenarios about someone isn't it, especially when you don't know them or if they have some attributes you may not like. Might as well judge someone by their clothes. We as individuals all have unlimited potential, at least within a certain capacity, so to me it is a mistake to try to pigeon hole or otherwise completely define someone and limit what they are capable of. But acknowledge those capabilities can amount to bad as much as good, especially if they cannot expand on their potentials, have tunnel vision or selfish, biased or corrupt motives, or have not learned from past lessons. Just one perception.

I think it was handy having Martin Perez de Solay at AKE given his Argentine background, but maybe underneath he's had enough, who knows. It is interesting to ponder what will happen next if the merge does not go ahead.

By all reports Allkem is in a very good position and I like to think it will remain so whatever the outcome that lies ahead, and I am sorry for our overseas friends invested in whom if this merger proceeds it will affect them negatively, I would hate to be in that position.

My current stance is leaning more toward voting No, but I have more to think about first. Where's my phone book Allkem?

Best wishes to all and thanks for your valuable contributions.
    Last edited by BlackElk: 25/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.