AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Merger: Yes or No, page-579

1. 4,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 613
    Yes, CDI is no problem. But Commsec cannot be used to receive the NewCo shares if we want to have the shares instead of the CDIs. For that, Commsec told me to find an international broker.

I still don't know which broker can be used for such transaction. I suspect it is not easy. That is probably why the company until now doesn't release the election form to choose to have the shares instead of CDI. I suspect they want shareholders to think it is an easy thing to do.

My still unanswered questions are:
    1/ which broker to use?
    2/ what documents are needed? and
    3/ how much does one have to deposit (in US$ I would imagine) to open an account with this broker?

What if to do it is actually not accessible to most of us small shareholders?

And then what if the NewCo decides it is not sustainable to keep CDIs, as hinted its possibility in the Scheme Booklet Section 8.3 x page 181, which says:
    "... The benefits expected of the dual listing on the NYSE and ASX, including increased liquidity, visibility among investors and access to investors who may be able to hold listed stocks in Australia but not the US, and vice versa, may not be realised or, if realised, may not be sustained, and the costs associated with a dual listing may ultimately outweigh the anticipated benefits."?

Or as I have said, what if the schemer of this grand scheme creates a grander scheme with a US company and declares that the CDI will be no more?

In either case above, those CDI holders who can't have access to an international broker will have to sell their holdings, won't they?

That is why accepting this merger is really the same as accepting to be put in a precarious position.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.