AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

"I'm looking forward to this listing in the biggest economy in...

1. 4,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2629
    "I'm looking forward to this listing in the biggest economy in the world, which knows how to price assets for what they are. "

Really? You reckon a major mining company can't get priced properly on the ASX and needs to have a primary listing on some yank exchange?

... well, that's a complete and utter furphy right there!

"BHP Group Limited has a primary listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), a standard listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE), a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), and American Depositary Shares (each representing two ordinary BHP Group Limited shares) evidenced by American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) trade on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)."

"Rio Tinto operates under a dual listed companies (DLC) structure. This structure is designed to place the shareholders of Rio Tinto plc (UK listing) and Rio Tinto Limited (ASX listing) in substantially the same position as if they held shares in a single entity owning all of the assets of both companies."

To state the obvious both BHP and Rio are absolute gorillas in the mining sector, with operations around the world that are orders of magnitude larger than Livent or Allkem. The simple truth is that a mining company does not have to have a primary listing in the US to develop into a major mining house or to achieve full value. Allkem shareholders stand to gain nothing from the company being primary listed in New York that could not be achieved by retaining its primary listing on the ASX.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.