AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

What takes more skills? Buying an asset or developing it into an...

1. 1,627 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 637
    What takes more skills?
    Buying an asset or developing it into an operating, cash flow positive entity.
    Mt Cattlin was acquired through GMM/GXY merger. Mt Cattlin was restarted and optimised and not developed.
    Which asset did GXY/AKE develop into an operating Li mine since acquisition?
    What about the JB regulatory blunders this year?
    I dont think AKE management can call themselves top notch leaders in the field.
    They have done ok. But they have equally blundered millions of shareholder money without scrutiny or accountability.

I am first in line supporting a merger with a capable, proven Li team. For exactly the reasons I criticised. Livent is not such a team!
    Its track record is equally bad or worse than that of AKE management.

The US market says exactly that. Compared to the Comparative NYSE Li Company Index, Livent is an underperforming company with a declining valuation on the NYSE.

What does it take to change this sentiment?
    Anyone?

Also, a turn of the NYSE valuation of NewCo into neutral or positive performance territory would mean that AKE's contribution was more than EQUAL to this deal. Simple logic.

IMHO, there are not enough compelling reasons to change NYSE sentiment.
    Thus, I see a substantial risk to my AKE investment if we change to the US market . Hence, I like it to remain on the ASX, where AKE cintinues to be valued as overperforming and has historically generated higher returns (90% more than Livent I the last 3 years) and better trading opportunities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.