AVR 2.20% $22.25 anteris technologies ltd

developing vaccines is like backing mining explorers, truck...

1. 303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    developing vaccines is like backing mining explorers, truck loads of cash, decades of work and a tiny percentage of successful outcomes.
    here's an example that's easy to find, unrelated to the vaccine we were developing, but it paints a picture of what the drug market is like. if you research medical companies, even just on the ASX, a large number are chasing cancer treatments (which feels good right, we all want cancer beat), but research them deeper and they're mostly trying to develop the same sort of technology. will there be a unicorn amongst them, maybe.
    so if you don't have a generational difference maker, then the funding and approvals time and money are simply not worth it. The other thing is the non materialistic side of chasing FDA approval is that it's still easier/shorter time frames then getting something approved for use in Australia. average drugs are far better off in the hands of big pharma because the time and money means nothing to them.

what we have now is unique, disruptive and superior compared to the current devices all in a large market with a small amount of players. that's a nice recipe with a much clearer picture of potential results.

probably the real hard hitting questions I want to as is, how many shares do I have to hold for:
    a reply to any of my emails to Wayne?
    a Twitter follow back?
    a beer with Wayne?
    a Christmas email from Wayne?
    something for the stable boy Wayne? lol.
    jokes aside, we're in a good spot, I can't wait for the human trial results for the science and it's looks like another big year ahead. Merry Christmas to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.25
Change
-0.500(2.20%)
Mkt cap ! $426.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.76 $23.07 $21.54 $111.3K 4.963K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 187 $22.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.63 1 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.26pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$22.30
  Change
-0.500 ( 2.15 %)
Open High Low Volume
$22.46 $22.50 $22.21 130
Last updated 14.07pm 29/04/2024 ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.