MSB 3.06% $1.01 mesoblast limited

MESO Nasdaq update, page-1030

1. 5,745 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2088

Wow, so many questions, you need a basic primer on options, I hardly know where to begin. Will try to share a few facts:

Volume and Interest are both referring to the number of contracts. Each contract is for 100 shares. So if Volume is 7, that means 7 contracts at that option strike price and expiration date traded that day.

Open interest means the overall number of outstanding contracts at the start of the trading day. If I "write" a call option, the very first, and someone buys it, the open interest is then 1. If someone buys the contract from that person, open interest is still 1. If I buy back the contract, open interest drops back to zero.

Think of it like the number of outstanding shares, which goes down if a company buys back their shares. If I write a call option, that means I own 100 shares that I will hold and agree to sell to you at the strike price if you choose to exercise the option before the expiration date. Open interest has nothing to do with the number of contracts currently being offered at the current bid price.

"Open" is referring to the going price for a given option strike/expiration at the start of the trading day.Bid size means the number of contacts being requested (by 1 or more bidders) at the current bid price.

Ask size is the number of contracts currently offered for sale (by 1 or more sellers) at the ask price.

Net is referring to the change in option price from the previous day's closing price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.01
Change
0.030(3.06%)
Mkt cap ! $1.153B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.01 $1.04 99.0¢ $5.111M 5.050M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 211966 $1.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.02 136540 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.