MSB 2.61% $1.18 mesoblast limited

MESO Nasdaq update, page-64

1. 3,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2699
    Electronic Communication Networks

Maybe a little more on the ECN trading in the US would help us judge after hour price moves in the MESO trade - especially now with sudden price spikes happening. Like yesterday a huge 3.5% jump as soon as the Nasdaq closed. I found quite a bit of background on Investopedia. Sorry I couldn't paste due to travelling without keyboard.

Primarily AH was created many years ago to satisfy demand for trade coverage on breaking news for big investors without going to futures markets.
    It allows big investors to interact with each other (trade stocks) without any need for a middleman (stock exchange, just paying the licensed ECN dealers commission. Some say it's the future.
    It has the limitations of low liquidity, no algorithm involvement I can see, and orders cancelled if not filled by close. In any event the AH trade has gained popularity due to private investors coming on board - demanding equal rights, and obviously growing. Those investors still have to go through brokers who are willing to offer AH service governed by their own house rules and the rules of their chosen ECN provider- for example maximum 25,000 shares per trade in one case.

Unfortunately I didn't find what I was looking for....short selling!
    I came away thinking there is not a word here about shorting, probably because it is impossible maybe.?
    Rule ONE of shorting regulation is the ability to cover a short trade so the counter party is guaranteed that you the broker handling the short end of the deal has things covered, or suffer a fate worse than death. Licence cancelled. I can see where this market has some appeal......it's clean maybe!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.18
Change
0.030(2.61%)
Mkt cap ! $1.347B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.14 $1.19 $1.14 $9.588M 8.196M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 113915 $1.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.18 81953 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.18
  Change
0.030 ( 2.82 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.14 $1.20 $1.14 1665531
Last updated 15.59pm 23/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.