MSB 1.01% 98.0¢ mesoblast limited

Thank you for correcting your previous comment that you thought...

1. 258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 663

Thank you for correcting your previous comment that you thought there was a different level of evidence pyramid for surgical products vs medications. In all cases a RCT (or Meta-analysis of) in terms of the reliability of the evidence is Gold Standard and I am glad you found my reference helpful.

Now that you have clarified that you were instead referring to the specific situation where it may not be deemed appropriate to run a Gold Standard RCT I have no problem with your position upon clarification. I have read the first reference you provided previously and agree that when a proper RCT can not be conducted case studies are an appropriate alternative for surgical intervention.

To bring it back to mesoblast: like with the design of surgical/devices trials, there are also times in pharmaceuticals or biologics where a RCT may not be ideal/appropriate and a sponsor/regulator can make a case for a trial design further down the hierarchy in terms of reliability of evidence. Such instances include (a life threatening disease where SOC has failed/ or no approved therapies, extremely rare diseases may not practically warrant running a full RCT etc). These are not easy decisions I would imagine and involve the input of complex ethical issues. For that is really one of the primary reason that RCT may not be selected. At times there may be a case for the greater good that it is appropriate to trade off some reliability of evidence in terms of a non-RCT trial design to address some of the most human ethical issues. This will soon be before the FDA, so time will tell soon enough...

Just a bit rich that you heavily critisise Mesoblast on a continual basis as a non-holder for not conducting a RCT in children with SR-aGvHD with severe ethical issues at play; when you also post for surgical products you have a financial interest as to why case studies will unlock new indications. Agree, need to take posts with a grain of salt at times.

To end on a positive, what a great back presentation today! Happy to hear further details on how they are going to run the forthcoming RCT, why HA is not needed as a control as agreed with FDA, targeting patient with CLBP earlier in the disease process - like with CHF - whilst they are inflammed and before they become too fibrotic, additional imaging tools to firm up MOA in additional to biomarkers. Hope you find the recording insightful when you get a chance to watch if you decide to.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
98.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $1.118B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.00 $1.01 98.0¢ $4.720M 4.751M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 171759 98.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.0¢ 16000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.