MSB 8.25% $1.05 mesoblast limited

I see you got about 36mins to make your point. Never mind, for...

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    I see you got about 36mins to make your point. Never mind, for us happy few it will remain indelibly printed.
    If I may I would like to refer @What to another post of yours.

Your comments about Novartis spending about $9 Billion a year on R&D and how the deal with Mesoblast could be absorbed into that got me thinking which is dangerous for a "hole driller". However....

Why do Companies undertake R&D?.
    Maybe a stupid question, but it is not unreasonable to ask, how effective that R&D spending is.

They are of course developing their own drugs and then they have acquisitions. I am sure that the recent pandemic has slowed some of these new drugs progress. We have experienced delays with our own therapies for the same reason.

However putting all this to one side, Novartis as a company it appears, seems unable to grow its turnover.

2010 $50.6B, 2015 $49.4B, 2020 $48.7B (from figures produced by Statista)

Yet they seem to be spend roughly $8-$9 odd Billion a year I think on R&D. You see figures hovering around 18% of turnover.
    So 18% of turnover is spent on R&D to it seems stand still on turnover! I accept it does not mean bottom line etc but that is a 10 year period.

All that money spent to stand still. I wonder how they might use that R&D/investment money more effectively? (ponder, ponder)

@What can you think of a new line of therapies, with some fantastic data and which unlike that poisonous cocktail ( Novartis/Incyte's) Jakavi (ruxolitinib),does no harm? Can you suggest anything to help Novartis?

Perhaps one where the entry level to get involved is only about $50 million from your R&D budget (if that is where you keep your petty cash) and half of that money is in shares that will probably make you the $50million back on you simply announcing that you are going to get involved?

Perhaps one that has produced a steady stream of data to prove where and how it works, has had multiple papers published supporting its efficacy and more recently its method of action?

Any suggestions?

Perhaps a company that has a therapy with a cast iron patent protection would be a good idea. Perhaps one where with the data and knowledge from recent trials under their belt, with a little push and let's face it, not a big percentage of your R&D budget you could devise a relatively quick route to market. If only there was such a opportunity. (ponder, ponder)

How about one where the initial trials for IBD and IBS show such amazing results that they promise to blow apart a market worth a Combined $23 billions (thanks for the info @reginaldp) and where for Ards they have a therapy that combines really well with your own successful therapy.

Now if you could come up with an opportunity like that, then maybe Novartis could make a serious attempt at actually growing their turnover over the next ten years to make up for the last ten years. I mean, why would they not want to be number 1.

Help me out here @What, I know you are going on holiday soon and your mind will be turning to (here I am stuck, what does a @What do on holiday?) But anyway just concentrate and see what you can come up with before you depart on Friday as a suggestion for Novartis. You had better be quick as a certain SI suggested that he might have a great idea in a few weeks and that time is nearly up.

Regards
    Yelrom

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.05
Change
0.080(8.25%)
Mkt cap ! $1.198B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.06 99.0¢ $4.930M 4.779M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23545 $1.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.05 339479 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.