MSB 2.17% $1.13 mesoblast limited

Hi Sorepocket, I was getting quite excited until I read your...

1. 119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26

Hi Sorepocket, I was getting quite excited until I read your festering pocket news! ... Anyway, firstly I would like to state that I am not an accomplished pharmaceutical or medical writer or a writer of any kind. I would like to acknowledge and congratulate the consummate writer of MSB's comprehensive reports, they must put in long hours ensuring MSB has correctly captured the true essence of the latest updates to ensure there is no doubt, assumptions or confusion in the reader's mind. However, I must confess, at times, I am confused and I wonder if others are finding the same. One for example is the ASX: MSB Announcement, 25 May 2021, page 1, para 1, states:

Melbourne, Australia; May 25 and New York, USA; May 24, 2021: Mesoblast Limited (ASX:MSB; Nasdaq:MESO), global leader in allogeneic cellular medicines for inflammatory diseases, today announced that the peer-reviewed journal Respiratory Research has published results showing that Mesoblast’s mesenchymal stromal cell (MSC) product candidate remestemcel-L significantly improved respiratory and functional clinical outcomes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and elevated levels of the inflammatory biomarker C-reactive protein (CRP). Patients with COPD and elevated CRP levels have increased rates of hospitalization and death.1 These results provide further rationale for potential use of remestemcel-L in inflammatory lung diseases, including COVID-19 acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).

I had to read this a few times as it sounds like the remestemcel-L elevated CRP, is this correct? I was so hoping remestemcel-L decreased CRP. As I thought a raised CRP level is not a good sign that the patient's health is improving. Grateful if a medical scientist could explain the advantage of an increased CRP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.13
Change
-0.025(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $1.284B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.15 $1.16 $1.11 $7.363M 6.488M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 94863 $1.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 5000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.