MSB 0.77% 97.3¢ mesoblast limited

Hi @Damolition "Where are all the uprampers gone"? was the...

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    Hi @Damolition
    "Where are all the uprampers gone"? was the rhetorical question you posed at the start of your last post. Your answer was, that their egos were hurt and they were like "Rat" abandoning a (I presume from the saying, a sinking) ship.
    First of all, I take all posters declared position at face value. You hold shares and your sentiment is hold. You are critical of the management (so am I in certain aspects of their performance, primarily communication), and as a self declared realist you claim credit that at least your posts have been out there warning "mom and dad" investors to stay away. The reward for which is you hope for a few Karma points, which again I presume you hope to cash in at some points.

I am not trying to be facetious, but I wanted to set out your position to put my remarks in context.

First of all what is your definition of an "upramper" ?

People who believe in the long term prospects of the science and the company are not really uprampers. I would include myself and you in that category. Many are not posting, because, other than post yet another report/scientific paper or comment from a member of the medical profession supporting Mesoblast and stemcells, there is not a lot to say, waiting for the next bit of news (Friday?).

People who buy and sell on short term views are simply trading, good luck to them.

Uprampers are I expect the same as "pump and dumpers". People who are trying to talk up the share regardless of facts to "con" others into buying.. I expect that they are quiet, not because of ego but perhaps because they have "dumped" and are counting their money.

You might think of them as "Rats", but "Rats" are clever and can exploit the environment to the detriment of others. They are making money, I am sure that their ego's don't require the need to post.

It might be argued that "warning" "Mum and Dad" is a kind of ego boosting act of virtue signalling. "Look at me, I'm losing money but I am trying to protect all these good people. What a sacrifice I am making" etc.

I am sure that this is not the situation in your case, your anger appears to be genuine and it is an anger believe me @Damolition I can understand. We are I believe on the same side.

It appears you are down on paper. It's painful, like you I am down. At the moment it will be a paper loss of around £200-250k (English pounds). I stopped updating the spreadsheet a few months ago.

Would I be protecting anyone by saying stay away? Would I even be honest saying so?

A brighter poster than me, I think it was @gerzensee (you should follow him) made the point that if you were wrong, would you compensate him?

Also you continue to hold, why? I presume you believe that it will turn round. If you felt it was going to go further down and stay there, then the rational decision would be to sell and preserve capital. But you don't because you, like me, believe that the price will rise. Therefore if I was thinking of buying in now, you holding would (assuming that you and I are both logical) be an endorsement by default.

If I saw a better opportunity in another company, then I would sell, take my loss, (which I can offset later against the gains I think I will make in other company) and invest the capital elsewhere. Thing is, at the minute I don't see that, so I remain invested. I also think that the turnaround will happen within 18 months and in investment terms that is short term.

The reason why I say 18 months and not 18 weeks is the current news vacuum and the recent price fall. My thought process is that if there is a leak then the price that the shares are at now, is the sort of price I might expect if there was a delay of close to 18 months, given the history of the company. If there isn't a leak, then it is the volatility of the sector and I believe in the Science, so back to less that 18 weeks or even 18 days or if Friday is good news, 18 hours.

Lets hope before long, we are both looking at substantial paper profits. I will be looking to sell some shares that I hold when it reaches $15 AUD. With Mesoblast, that could be this year or next. I don't know but I am glad I am holding this once in a lifetime opportunity. That is not upramping, it is not suggesting others should invest. It is not my ego. It is simply IMO.

Anyway, no one reading my post on this thread will act on my opinion. The only idiot who does that, is me.
    Kind regards
    Yelrom

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
97.3¢
Change
-0.008(0.77%)
Mkt cap ! $1.124B
Open High Low Value Volume
98.0¢ 98.5¢ 96.0¢ $2.812M 2.882M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
54 163217 97.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
97.5¢ 30420 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.35pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.