message from adam bandt, page-61

1. 972 Posts.
    Lautrec,

I think you have done an excellent job by standing up to these ignoramuses that wouldn't know a science book if it fell on their head.

They simply do not understand how environmental systems and the web of life works. They don't understand the concept of tipping points, they don't understand cause and effect.

They simply do not understand the externalities of coal and other fossil fuel burning. Solar thermal is the way of the future..They do not understand that an equivalent area of 100 km^2 covered in solar thermal is adequate to provide Australia's energy needs until 2050.

They probably do not know that the CSIRO are building a printer to print solar cells that will produce enough PV solar in one month of printing that is equivalent to a small coal fired power station. (Its the same kind of technology that prints our money on the polymer notes).

It unfortunate that these hard working scientists and engineers are working towards a better sustainable future and that these Andrew Bolt, Tony Abbott, and Alan Jones types are allowed to benefit from it.

If it helps some of these donkeys understand.... In economics, there is a term 'sustainable'. If in economics something is not economically sustainable it is not worth investing or pursuing. If they only translated that understanding to what is happening with the environment.

I have only hugged a tree once, it didn't do anything for me. I went to university instead it helped me understand science a lot better than hugging trees.

Thanks to people like yourself helping to educate and inform, despite a barrage of insults and ignorant unsubstantiated, unscientific commentary from a bunch of foolish people.

Keep up the good work!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.