LYC 0.17% $6.05 lynas rare earths limited

Hi Sparkie,With all respects,you missed the point.In Moo's...

1. 81 Posts.
    Hi Sparkie,
    With all respects,you missed the point.
    In Moo's posting no 9660110 (30th/8th) he was expressing frustration that all you got from hearsay and rumour-mongers was unhelpful claptrap.
    He urged everyone to get their facts before posting.He suggested that people should go to the source(the GM)and operate on that.
    That is precisely what he did.
    Unfortunately either he or the GM (on the phone),then misquoted the unsigned quarterly report of June 30th 2013.
    Misquotes can be just as damaging as hearsay and rumour mongers.
    If someone is suggesting that others should get their facts right then they,too, have an obligation to be precise and accurate.
    In this, by quoting that repairs "will not involve insignificant costs"(rather than significant costs!) the literal meaning becomes that it will involve significant costs. Companies do use this terminology when letting shareholders know that there are some financial realities that need to be taken into consideration.
    Not all people like yourself and Lambda would have accurately judged that Moo's quote gave the opposite meaning of what was intended. Nor would they necessarily opened the correct quarterly report to check.
    The inaccurate version of the quote in fact is consistent with some members position. eg Zopa (28/8)"Unfortunately those close to the lamp know that fixing the pipes is neither cheap nor quickly to manage"
    So therefore it is vital to get it right,particularly when you are pointing out other people's irresponsible communication.

In regards to your smart sphincter comments about my investment strategies.
    I have indeed been a successful investor.
    I have funds to invest at the moment and I have been watching a number of stocks over a period of time. I have read countless annual and quarterly reports, announcements, reports from special shareholder meetings press releases and the likes.
    I have been watching LYC since the 9th May when the price was over $6 and just starting to slide. I read constant postings on how things were going to turn around after the govt. go-ahead, after the court-case(each rehearing, appeal or adjournment), after the election and confirmation of a supportive govt, after the fist successful production line run, and now when the pipes are fixed and the price is right!
    Sparkie in regards to this company my investment strategy, not to buy yet, has been very successful. I have not lost a brass rasoo. And the money I would have invested is working well for me. How are you going?

Like many, I believe the Company's chances of a very successful future is very high,and I probably will invest when I am comfortable that the stars are reaching alignment.
    I normally don't bite at puerile comments,but there have been so many defensive and even aggressive stances taken against some of those who are not as blindly optimistic as others would have them be,I thought a response was warranted.
    Yes everyone has the right to opinions,but they don't have the right to be disrespectful to those with views that challenge their own(even when those opinions may not have been as well researched as their own!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.05
Change
-0.010(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $5.655B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.00 $6.10 $5.97 $26.46M 4.378M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 849 $6.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 10260 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.