SAE 3.45% 14.0¢ salinas energy limited

Very hard to pick what happens on Tuesday - will need to see...

1. 2,988 Posts.
    Very hard to pick what happens on Tuesday - will need to see what happens in the US Monday.

There is a big chance oil will retreat a bit given this move is a product of speculators - may of whom will take profits, and market likely steady or up in response to oil falling.

I reckon there will be some more good buying on SAE - worry about a retrace in the POO plus market sentiment will likely see the SP into the high 30s again. I spent the rest of my cash at 40c so will miss out on any bargains unfortunately.

The $20 million predicted profit was on the back of oil prices at the later part of last year (about $80-90 I think) - so I think we are more likely looking at over $30 million operating profit this year (and better next year) given good production that continues improve plus much better oil prices (note that POO increasing from $90 to $130 effectively doubles profit margins).

It's not good though - crazy high oil prices are going to trash the world's economy - especially the developing world - so the world's poorest people will suffer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.