AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: Metallurgical Test Work Update, page-142

1. 9,040 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17103

My reply to both of you is quite simple - this decision has introduced significant sovereign risk into Australia.Why - if US investment is allowed into NTU and AVZ this will piss China off, and remember China takes a large part of Australia's resource exports. Furthermore, PLS and AJM are surviving on Chinese monies - how will that go if they need more money and what will FIRB do?.

Furthermore, the AVZ project is in the DRC - do both of you honestly think the DRC will allow this project to stall if AVZ can't move it. And the DRC will have the right to revalue Dathcom where the project sits, including who else might get an interest- refer post below. Sovereign risk - no, because this was an Australian decision aimed to stall DRC development, so the rubbish both of you have stated about capex is that rubbish as teh Treasurer's decision is aimed soley at stalling progress in AVZ IMO at worst or anti-Chinese at best (and both will have repurcussions, the former for AVZ investors only because the project will happen, it is a question of AVZ's role in it, the latter affects all Australian plays if the Treasurer continues rejecting Chinese investment but says USA your investment is ok for example).

And the resource is there - it will be developed. Also AVZ can relist on another stock exchange and yes that is hard to do, but again the resource is there as is the DFS, but ultimately it does become a question of what does AVZ do to get the project up (i.e. pre payments/Offtakes etc), and what does the DRC do to ensure it gets up.

If both of you are reading the Treasurers decision as inferring the AVZ project is unviable are delusional, because the decision is more about protecting Australia's National interest and were AVZ's project unviable you would have simply allowed the investment to happen, full stop.

Whilst I was not a fan of the Tianyi deal as giving away 11% for $14 million was stupid, the impact of the decision IMO issShort sighted Govt policy with wider ramifications for Australian explorers with projects in Australia. Remember - NTU was an Australian project where the Chinese investment was rejected by the Treasurer.
    Post #: 44245499

Time will tell.

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.