MRD 0.00% 0.1¢ mount ridley mines limited

My observation over the last 12 months is that the MRD queue...

1. 82 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    My observation over the last 12 months is that the MRD queue would often go through periods of getting stacked with high sell order volume just before open and then these would disappear after market close until next day. It's not clear what the underlying intent is, could be to divest stock without creating a rush to the door or alternatively to keep the SP down? Either way there has been a massive drop in the 0.2 line offered for sale just recently.

REE price cycles definitely affect the resource value and we all know China has 'acquired' the REE processing technology by acquisition and other means, subsidising their export industry, dropping supply to the west and then opening that supply up again - all with the intent on slowing down global competition and having a competitive edge around all things that require REE for manufacture. They have been much smarter at the long game than the west and that has been helped perhaps by less strict environmental regulation around the industry (or at least that is what's often reported).

Meanwhile, western governments are talking up their responses - but talk takes a long time to become $ invested in REE production (either by govt or private equity). It makes total sense really - manage prices and supply to delay for as long as possible any competition in the west from becoming economically viable.So history really does dictate that Investors lacking in patience or looking for a quick profit or to see a company go from exploration to resource definition and REE concentrate production in just a year or two...or even five or more, best avoid this market segment. We are dealing here with major market cycles and very complex mining/sorting/processing technologies that can only play out over very long time frames.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.785M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.1¢ 0.1¢ 0.1¢ $12.16K 12.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2363767 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 234380332 111
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.30pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MRD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.