Another data provider and one that I've been using for the past...

1. 5,732 Posts.
    Another data provider and one that I've been using for the past 10 years is netquote.com.au.

I pay annually (automatic via credit card) but the website has price per month - $14.95 for the data download service. Although they offer metastock downloads, I find it easier to download in ascii and update through the downloader, which takes about two or three minutes all up. The downloads are available from about 4:30 pm each day.

They can also send you a disk of historical data in metastock for about $100 I think. THis is best used first to populate Metastock before using their downloader to get the latest data. It goes back a long way (they say 10 years, but for many stocks it goes back much further - eg I think the XAO index prices go back to Jan 1980).

I rarely have a problem, but if so they respond immediately. Highly recommended for a cheap, basic download service.

I've only called them twice in the past five years. Once to get a new historical data disk and once to ask them to correct a date - which they did immediately.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.