MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

Metgasco hails NSW gas discovery, page-91

1. 105 Posts.
    Not so much "the Govt started moving the goal posts" as the issues facing the unconventional gas industry in general and MEL in particular became apparent! Unconventional gas has faced a twin assault, first from the peer-reviewed literature and second from the popularism of Gaslands - can you name an unconventional gas explorer that has done well in the last five years? I see a number of unconventional gas exploration areas with drilling being reduced/stopped and no 'pure' unconventional gas play that has made money for the punters - think of the progression from QGC to ESG to MEL (profit maker to break-even to loser).

The situation for MEL is compounded by the company adopting a strategy of refusing to even attempt to gain a Social Licence To Operate and opting for a Mining By Martial Law approach (and doing this in a region with a highly educated community with a history of organizing to stop ecoterrorist projects). The time came when management could no longer deny there was community opposition, (although they have never admitted the scale of the opposition - think of their deliberate understatement of numbers at Camp Liberty).

So there are three good reasons to ignore the "glory days" of MEL having an SP of $1

Go too far into the past and you take a dangerous road - soon you'll be looking for tobacco stocks or even asbestos!

The past is a dangerous land my friend - best not to dwell there too long
    Last edited by isaks: 21/10/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.319M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $19.17K 3.834M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 25150249 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 6169647 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.50pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ 235001
Last updated 15.50pm 14/05/2024 ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.