CAY 1.32% 7.5¢ canyon resources limited

Mexican standoff

1. 628 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    I remember the first time the MD was summoned to country to attend a signing ceremony, a bit over 3 years ago if I recall correctly.

apparently all requirements had been met, the venue had been booked and all relevant ministers and locals were ready to celebrate.

he sat in a hotel room for 2 weeks before returning empty handed

over the following few years I remember multiple signing ceremonies being booked and the md being summoned to attend, obviously all ended with him staring at the yellowing roof of a crappy hotel in that backwards country before the usual crawl home

with absolutely every hurdle crossed plus some extra ones thrown in like the 40m I figured maybe it would be different this time, maybe this time when they summon half a dozen people from the other side of the world they will have the respect to not leave them sitting in hotel rooms whilst telling them "tomorrow tomorrow " but no, the same prehistoric behaviour that makes these places hellholes for doing business

so what now? Well now one side says don't bother calling us until its already done, we're not going back on your say so again and the other side says no, we won't do it unless you have the respect to attend and celebrate with us as its done

how many months or years will the Mexican standoff last

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.5¢
Change
-0.001(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $103.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.6¢ 7.7¢ 7.5¢ $25.63K 341.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 205745 7.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.7¢ 21352 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.5¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.32 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 7.5¢ 5446
Last updated 13.32pm 29/04/2024 ?
CAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.